It’s a brand-new school or university year and you might be in a whole new class or even at a new school. You might be feeling a bit lonely and wishing you had a crew to call your own. Don’t worry, finding friends who are just like you is totally doable! Here are some tips on how to make new friends:
- Get involved in activities you love: Whether it's sports, dance, music, or art, find an activity that you're passionate about and get involved. Not only will you have the opportunity to learn new skills and have fun, but you'll also meet others who share your interests.
- Join clubs and organisations: Many schools and unis have clubs and organisations that you can join, such as student government, debate team, or volunteering groups. These organisations offer a great opportunity to meet new people and make friends who share your values.
- Be open and approachable: Smile, make eye contact, and be friendly to those around you. People are more likely to approach you and want to be your friend if you seem approachable and welcoming.
- Attend social events: Whether it's a school dance, a party, or a community event, attend social events and put yourself out there. This is a great way to meet new people and make new friends.
- Volunteer: Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community and meet new people who share your values. You'll have the opportunity to work alongside others who share your interests.
- Don't be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone: Try new things and take risks. You may be surprised at the connections you make and the friends you find.
- Connect with people online: There are many online communities and forums where you can connect with people who share your interests. You can join a group or start a discussion and get to know others who have similar interests.
Remember, making friends takes time, patience, and effort, but it's worth it in the end. Staying true to who you are and embracing your unique qualities and values is the key to attracting the right kind of friends into your life. By being authentic and unapologetically you, you’ll attract people who appreciate and respect you for who you truly are. You'll make new friends before you know it.