Ok so apart from a good skincare regime what are some of the things you can start doing now to keep your skin in tip top condition:
- Wear SPF every single day - rain hail or shine (well especially when the sun shines). At least two fingers of product needs to be applied to your face and at a minimum use SPF30+.
- Drink lots of water. We cannot say this enough (and neither can your Mother). Keeping hydrated helps skin maintain moisture - which helps to create skin that glows. It also crucial for flushing toxins in the body and increasing blood flow which can help with congestion and breakouts. Water also helps increase elasticity in your skin and in turn any signs of premature aging - so start now! Your body is 60% water and your blood is 90%, so it is crucial you stay hydrated with 2 liters or 8 cups of water per day. We could write a whole blog post on this, it is that IMPORTANT.
- Get 7-10 hours (depending on age) of uninterrupted sleep per night. See our recent blog post on sleep.
- Wash your pillow slip every week. Our pillowcases get a buildup of dirt and oil (another great reason to wash your face before bed), having a clean pillow slip is a straightforward way to keep bacteria off your face.
- Keep your hair clean and off your face as much as possible, also wipe your phone down regularly too as it is also a breeding ground for bacteria.
- Wash your make-up brushes and sponges every week to kill bacteria. Not only is this good for your skin but it makes your makeup tools last longer and application better. You can buy specific products to clean them, or you can soak them in hot soapy water and leave them to dry.
- Don't touch your face, fingers have germs - you spread germs to your face. Got it? Maybe go buy a fidget spinner and keep your fingers off your face.
And if you do not feel your skin isn't getting any better we do recommend you go and see a GP or your health care professional who can advise you on the next best steps to take.