DIY Spa Day: Tips for the Perfect At-Home Relaxation
A home spa session is the perfect way to unwind and rejuvenate after a long day. Not only is it a great way to relax, but it can also help improve your overall well-being through some well-deserved self-care time. Here's how to create your own home spa experience:
- Set the mood: Create a relaxing atmosphere by dimming the lights, lighting candles, and playing soothing music. You can check out our spotify play list here.
- Prepare a warm bath: Fill your bathtub with warm water and add in Epsom salt and essential oils for added relaxation. Soak in the tub for at least 20 minutes to allow your muscles to relax.
- Exfoliate: Use a gentle body scrub to exfoliate your skin, this will help remove dead skin cells and leave your skin feeling soft and smooth. See below for our home-made body scrub.
- Mask time: Apply a face mask to give your skin a boost of hydration and nourishment. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off. If your skin feels dehydrated and dry, we recommend our Treat Yo'Self Very Berry Hydration Jelly Face Mask. If your skin is congested or a little oil we recommend our It’s A Vibe Avo & Kiwi Mud Mask.
- Moisturise: After you finish your bath or shower, use a rich body butter to moisturise your skin. This will leave your skin feeling silky smooth and hydrated. We love our Get Your Glow On Mango Shimmer Body Butter which contains shea, cocoa and mango seed butter which is very nourishing.
- Take a nap or read a book: After your spa session, take a nap or read a book to allow your body and mind to fully relax. We have a great recommendation for good books to read here.
- Enjoy a cup of tea: Finish off your spa session by enjoying a cup of tea, this will help you to relax and unwind. If you want to make your own relaxing tea we have a recipe below that you could try.
The key to a successful home spa session is to take the time to relax and unwind. So, turn off your phone, and take some time for yourself. Your body and mind will thank you.
Incorporating a spa session into your routine can greatly improve your overall well-being. Not only does it help you relax, but it also provides an opportunity to take care of your skin, and leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
To make your own body scrub, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of granulated sugar or sea salt
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil or olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey (optional)
- Essential oils (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of granulated sugar or sea salt with 1/2 cup of coconut oil or olive oil.
- If desired, add 1-2 tablespoons of honey for added moisture.
- Add a few drops of essential oils for fragrance, if desired.
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Use the scrub in the shower or bath, massaging it onto damp skin in circular motions. Rinse off with warm water.
Note: you can use any ingredients you like, you can use different types of oils, salt, sugar, and also add different types of spices to make it more spicy or sweet.
To make a relaxing tea, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 tsp dried chamomile flowers
- 1 tsp dried lavender flowers
- 1 tsp dried lemon balm leaves
- 1 tsp dried passionflower leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- honey or sugar (optional)
- In a heatproof jar or tea infuser, combine the dried chamomile flowers, lavender flowers, lemon balm leaves, and passionflower leaves.
- Add a cinnamon stick, if desired, for added flavor.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, then pour it over the herbs in the jar or infuser.
- Cover and steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a mug and sweeten it with honey or sugar, if desired.
- Sip and enjoy your homemade relaxing tea.
Note: you can also use different types of herbs and spices to make it more relaxing or flavorful. Some other options include lemon verbena, peppermint, and valerian root.